Monday, February 13, 2012

#15 - A Very Special Anniversary - Happy Valentine's Day

Dear Friends and Family,
Today I want to wish my wife, Jen, a happy 15th anniversary. No, it’s not our 15th wedding anniversary, but the anniversary of the day I asked her to take a risk on a relationship with me and she said, “let me think about it…” I did some fast talkin’ and, thankfully, she was persuaded… eventually.
We’ve had our difficult and dark times, but she is the most wonderful part of my life. We better understand the goodness of good because of evil, to which it can be compared. Many of my tasks, responsibilities and activities on this deployment have been challenging and rough, but missing her has been the worst part of it by far.
I’m less than 2 weeks out, at this point, from coming home for 2 weeks of R&R. As the day approaches, I more and more frequently wake up having dreamt of being home and it takes a while for me to know whether I’m home or away and to remember where I am.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you, my friends and family, but especially to you my cherished and badly missed wife. I know it comes as little consolation, but this distance has caused me to appreciate you more, as so many of our struggles have. I grateful for you. I love and miss you.

Mike

1 comment: